Our FAWCO rep, Jodi Gentilozzi, just returned from FAWCO’s interim meeting, which was held in March in Frankfurt, Germany, and brings us this update.
- 9 Education Awards were given: $37,000
- 8 Development Grants were given to club’s charities: $36,000
- $172,000 was raised over the past 3 years for the Target Program Project: “Free The Girls”.
- FAWCO kicked off its new 3-year Target Program: Education: Empowering Women and Girls through Knowledge and Skills.
- The Friendship quilt was won by Rick Chizmadia, one of the male members of FAUSA (the Alumni organization in the USA).
- The diamond ring was won by Susie Cotton, from AWC Perth, Australia.
- $30,000 was raised by The FAWCO Foundation at the Interim Meeting. This 30k, along with club donations, goes toward funding the Foundation’s programs.
In addition, FAWCO approved a new logo, tagline and Mission Statement at the meeting:
FAWCO is an international federation of independent organizations whose mission is
- To build strong support networks for its American and international membership;
- To improve the lives of women and girls worldwide;
- To advocate for the rights of U.S. citizens overseas; and
- To mobilize the skills of its membership in support of global initiatives for education, the environment, health and human rights.
THANK YOU to all that have contributed one way or another to AWA Qatar, FAWCO and the FAWCO Foundation.
Next year’s FAWCO Bi-Annual Meeting will be held in March 2017 in Mumbai, India.